Ohio Business Gateway Modernization Project
Mission: Make doing business in Ohio easy and efficient by providing e-Government services that are simple and secure.
As the primary source for business information, payment of a number of business taxes, and other state services, the Ohio Business Gateway is vital to Ohio's business community.
Even prior to assuming the role of Chair of the Ohio Business Gateway Steering Committee, Lt. Governor Mary Taylor initiated a project to modernize the Gateway. In the planning phase of the project, the Lt. Governor and Gateway stakeholders established the mission statement above, with the goal to reimagine the Gateway in a way that serves Ohio's businesses best by living up to that mission.
Collaboration with and input from the business community has been critical to the development of the Gateway Modernization vision.
Update on modernization plans
The Gateway Modernization Project is in-progress and being implemented in two phases. Phase I of the Modernization project is focused on addressing elements that were cited as most important to our users, including:
- An improved user experience
- Electronic confirmation and receipts
- Notifications and alerts
- Pre-populated data
Phase II of the Modernization will fully convert the Gateway's back-end systems to improve overall system performance.
Recent updates to the current Gateway system
We have worked hard to incorporate feature enhancements into the current system. These updates were designed to make it easier and more efficient for you to complete transactions and receive support.
- Language on the home page has been updated for clarity and outdated information has been removed
- Functionality for the Equal Opportunity Division now includes clarified instructions, appropriate program types, and improved processing of receipts
- Payment cancellations can now be processed via the Gateway
- Bulk filer functionality has been updated to enable certification and collection of simultaneous transmission ID's